Churros are among the most popular snacks to ever existed, and rightfully so. It’s delicious, widely available, and can easily be carried whenever you want to go. Speaking of churros, this fried dessert can be considered as a relative of a doughnut in terms of the fact that it needs to be fried. But wait, it can also be baked. Yes, that’s right, and today we’re sharing a baked churro recipe that you can do in the comfort of your own home.
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, divided into two parts
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of water
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- To start this easy baked churro recipe, you need to preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Get three cookie sheets and line them with parchment paper. Alternatively, you can also use the BakersLove Roll N’ Go Baking Rug.
- Pour the water, salt, and half of the butter into a large saucepan.
- Place the pan over medium heat until the butter starts to melt. Make sure to stir from time to time until the mixture starts boiling.
- Turn off the stove and check your mixture, it should have a thick consistency.
- Add the eggs one by one. Make sure you are still stirring the mixture after every addition. Keep the mixing at a fast pace to prevent the eggs from cooking.
- Once the eggs have disappeared into the mixture and everything is blended properly, your baked churro batter is ready.
- Transfer the batter in a large piping bag, like the BakersLove’s Disposable Piping Bags, attached to a frosting nozzle with a 1M tip.
- Pipe the churros onto your baking trays. You can decide how long you want them to be. You can also just make churro bites out of the batter.
- Spray some non-stick spray on top of each churro. This will give them that nice brown color that fried churros have.
- Pop them in the oven for about 20 to 30 minutes depending on how long you’ve made them be.
- Take them out of the oven once they are ready and let them cool.
- While the churros are cooling down, time to make the sugar coating. Get a medium-sized mixing bowl and melt your remaining butter in it.
- Put sugar and cinnamon powder in a separate mixing bowl.
- Dip each churro in melted butter before rolling it in the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- The last step to this tasty churro recipe is to serve your baked churros right away with your preferred dipping sauce and enjoy!
Pro Tip: If you want a crunchier surface then you can ditch the butter dipping and go straight to rolling your churros in sugar and cinnamon powder.