A lot of people think that vegan recipes – especially baked dessert ones – are hard to make as they require special ingredients. While there may be some truth to that depending on what the actual dessert is, not all vegan sweet treats are difficult to bake. Take this Easy Vegan Brownie recipe, for example, it only requires a couple of ingredients and basic baking skills. Make this for yourself or your loved ones and you will definitely call it a winner!
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 2 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place your sugar, cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir until they are blended.
- Add vegetable oil, vanilla, and water then mix until all ingredients are combined properly.
- Pour the batter into a 9” x 13” baking pan then spread it evenly. You can add nuts or chocolate chips as toppings if you want.
- Let it bake in the oven until the top is no longer shiny. This should only take about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Pull the tray out of the oven and let it cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve with your desired drink.