Still looking for last-minute Christmas baked dessert recipes? Then you might want to try making these Pecan Cranberry Butter Tarts. Sweet, tarty, and esthetically pleasing, these tarts are a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Read the following recipe to know all the ingredients you must have and the easy steps you must take to make some.
- 15 pcs of 2-inch sweetened tart shells, homemade or store-bought
- 15 pcs of cranberries
- 15 pcs of pecan halves
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of orange, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup of chopped dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of brandy
- 1 egg, beaten
- The first thing you have to do is preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Next, arrange your tart shells on a baking sheet. Make sure there’s a space between each piece.
- Combine your chopped pecans, butter, brown sugar, egg, brandy, orange juice, and dried cranberries in a large bowl then mix them until all ingredients are incorporated well into each other.
- Time to pour the filling into each tart shell. Remember that you must fill about 2/3 of the shell’s capacity as it could still rise and so there’s enough space for the garnish.
- Top each tart shell with a piece of cranberry and one piece of pecan half.
- Pop it in the oven and let it bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until when the shell turns light brown and the filling starts to bubble.
- Take the tarts out of the oven and place them over a wire rack to cool down,
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: This recipe requires 40 minutes of total prep and cook time. It can also yield 15 tarts in one go.