Looking for new baked desserts to try out this week? Then this Pecan Cranberry Butter Tarts recipe is perfect for you. Compared to other pecan tarts recipes, this particular recipe for pecan tarts comes with easier instructions, lesser ingredients, and richer flavors. These cranberry pecan tartlets will surely be a crowd-pleaser at any event so they are definitely something that you should know how to bake.
Speaking of, here's how you can make some:
- 15 pcs of 2-inch sweetened tart shells, homemade or store-bought
- 15 pcs of cranberries
- 15 pcs of pecan halves
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of orange, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup of chopped dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of brandy
- 1 egg, beaten
- The first thing you have to do when making cranberry tarts is preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Next, arrange your tart shells on a baking sheet. Make sure there’s a space between each piece.
- Combine your chopped pecans, butter, brown sugar, egg, brandy, orange juice, and dried cranberries in a large bowl then mix them until all ingredients are incorporated well incorporated.
- Time to pour the filling into each tart shell. Remember that you must fill about 2/3 of the shell’s capacity as it could still rise and so there’s enough space for the garnish.
- Top each tart shell with a piece of cranberry and one piece of pecan half.
- Pop them in the oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until when the shells turn light brown and the filling starts to bubble.
- Take the cranberry pecan tarts out of the oven and place them over a wire rack to cool down,
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: This recipe requires 40 minutes of total prep and cook time. It can also yield 15 tarts in one go.