Looking for a baked dessert recipe that you can try out this summer? Then why not do a classic Pineapple Upside Down Cake? This upside-down cake is perfect not just for afternoon tea sessions and thanksgiving but also for swimming parties and tropical-themed birthdays. The combination of flavors that this upside-down pineapple cake has is outstanding and classic enough that it will make you feel nostalgic.
Interested in giving it a try? Then do not leave the page as we have the perfect recipe for pineapple upside down cake that we would like to share with you. We’ve tried this a couple of times and all of the pineapple upside cakes that we were able to make turned out to be very delicious.
Here’s how you can make it:
*for the topping
- 7 pineapple rings in syrup, drained and syrup reserved
- 7 cherries
- 50 grams of light-brown sugar
- 50 grams of butter, softened
*for the cake
- 100 grams of self-raising flour
- 100 grams of butter, softened
- 100 grams of golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- To make the easy pineapple upside down cake, you must first preheat your oven to 356 F.
- Next, for the topping, you have to combine your brown sugar and softened butter in a single mixing bowl then beat them together until you get a creamy texture.
- Get a 20cm round cake tin and spread the sugar-butter mixture over its base. Make sure that you will also cover at least a quarter of its sides.
- Now to make the ‘pineapple’ part of this upside-down cake happen, arrange your pineapple slices on top of the sugar and butter mixture.
- Place each of your cherries in the centers of the pineapple slices. Set aside after.
- Time to make the cake itself. Combine the golden caster sugar, self-raising flour, softened butter, eggs, reserved pineapple syrup, baking powder, and vanilla extract in a large bowl using an electric mixer. Once the consistency becomes smooth, your batter for the easy upside pineapple cake is done.
- Time to assemble the cake. Pour the batter on top of your upside down pineapples. With the use of a spoon, smoothen the top surface so it becomes leveled after baking.
- Pop the cake in the oven and let it bake for about 35 minutes. Once it’s done, take it out of the oven and let the pineapple cake cool in its pan for 5 minutes.
- Flip the pan onto your serving plate.
- Serve this upside down pineapple cake with a scoop of your favorite ice cream.