S’mores? As a cake? Heck Yeah!!!
The s’more is undoubtedly one of the most popular campfires treats history has ever known. It’s sweet, chocolate-y, gooey, and will just instantly remind you of all the good things in the world. And since summer is just around the corner, we thought, why not help you find a new way of enjoying this classic treat? Enter the S’mores Coffee Cake.
This luscious cake boasts the perfect combination of flavor and nostalgia. And to help you make it, here’s a recipe that is super easy to follow. Just follow the steps below, and you will surely be able to enjoy this timeless treat with a twist!
* for the batter
- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup of buttermilk
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 ½ stick of butter, unsalted and cut into chunks
*for the streusel
- 1 ½ cups of flour
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of mini marshmallow
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- First, preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- Next, butter a loaf pan and set aside.
- Get a large bowl and throw in your sugar, salt, flour, and baking soda. Mix them until you notice pea-sized crumbles forming.
- Add your cocoa powder, vanilla extract, buttermilk, eggs, and yolks. Continue beating the mixture until it is smooth.
- Now to make the streusel, you need to get a separate bowl and combine your butter, flour, chocolate chips, cinnamon, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Mix them with your hands until the texture becomes crumbly.
- Get your loaf pan and pour in the batter.
- Top it with your streusel mixture and bake it in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Pull the cake out and sprinkle your mini marshmallows on top. You can also add more chocolate chips if you want.
- Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes. Make sure to check if it’s cooked by doing the toothpick method.
- Once ready, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely.
This S’mores Coffee Cake goes extremely well with coffee – hence the name. But if you’re not a huge fan of that, then you can go for other drinks such as hot choco, milk, or even fruit juice. So that’s it, we hope you give this wonderful recipe a try and please let us know how it went. Enjoy!