Whether you’re just new to the baking world or you’ve already been in it for a long time, you must already have an idea of how stressful yet enjoyable the whole thing is. Unlike other cooking methods, baking requires precision and focus on making it work. Everything has to be measured and appropriately executed because one wrong move can ruin the whole thing. However, even though baking is undeniably daunting, it still brings a lot of benefits that you can enjoy. In fact, baking can benefit us in more ways than one. What? How? Well, that’s what this article is for.
Listed below are some of the top benefits of baking that you may not know about. Read through them and you’ll find yourself falling more in love with baking.
1. You Can Save Money
- In case you haven’t noticed yet, baked goods are some of the most expensive products you’ll see at your local food store. No matter what baked food came into your mind after reading those words, chances are, if you bought the ingredients for that and baked it yourself, it would still be cheaper. With the help of baking, you can save money that can be used for other essential things.
2. It Can Help You Calm Down
- Since baking requires an intensive amount of focus, a lot of people turn to it to escape the things that they don’t want to think about. All the weighing, whisking, beating, mixing, and folding will require all of your attention, therefore, helping you calm down because your brain is no longer drowning in stress.
3. It Lowers Your Risk of Getting Heart-Related Problems
- Baking recipes, in general, don’t really require oil so you will definitely have lesser risks of developing heart-related issues and other health problems. Yes, there are still other ingredients that can potentially harm you. Still, with oil not being a part of most baking recipes, there are lesser things to worry about.
4. Your Place Will Smell Good
- There are only a few things in this world that can top the smell of freshly-baked goodies. Nope, not even your favorite bottle of air freshener can compete with the warm and homey feels that the smell of baking can bring. The lovely and inviting aroma is definitely comforting, and something that will catch people’s attention in an instant. So, if you would like the smell of freshly baked goods to fill up your home, then just bake more often.
5. Allows Your Creativity to Shine
- Even though baking is strict in terms of measurements and procedures, it provides a lot of freedom when it comes to flavor and decoration choices. With baking, you can let your creative juices flow and come up with the best design and taste combo ideas for your baked treats. In addition to that, you can also do an experiment with various flavors, themes, and mixing procedures to make something that is absolutely original.
6. It Can Help Stimulate Your Senses
- The next one on this list of top baking bread benefits is sensory stimulation. From kneading your dough to the sound of the mixer in the background and even the lovely aroma of freshly baked goods, all of these things can help vitalize your senses and improve your mood by releasing happy hormones such as endorphins.
7. You Know EXACTLY What You’re Putting in Your Mouth
- Baked treats that you can buy at your local store contain ingredients that are not only hard to pronounce but are also not healthy for your body. But when you bake the goodies yourself, you will know every single ingredient that went in them which can then give you some peace of mind because you know all of the components of the food that you’re eating.
8. You Can Use It to Express Yourself and Spread Happiness
- Believe it or not, you can use baking to convey different emotions that you can’t adequately express. For example, do you have a new neighbor that you want to welcome? Give them a freshly-baked bundt cake. Another is if you have a friend who is going through the worst breakup of their life, bake them a tray of cupcakes to let them know you’re there.
You can also use baking to spread happiness to other people. How? Bake a bunch of bread, cupcakes, cookies, and even cake then give away those who are in actual need of food. What you’ll be getting out of this is not something material but instead, that incredible feeling of knowing that you were able to make things a bit lighter for them, even just for a bit.
These are just eight of the best baking benefits that you may not know about. Of course, there are more, and you can read about them somewhere else. But the things that we shared with you are the ones that we felt like you would instantly get. That being said, we hope this article was able to give you the inspiration to bake more often.